Friday, August 9

NY by the numbers

I thought it might be time for a brief update. It's wierd: even though I feel ridiculously busy and tons of 'new' things are going on, I can't think of a single story to tell. So I figured I would list some digits...


Here is my week 3 report on NY by the numbers:



  • Miles from home to train station: about 1.5 (I think)
  • Hours each way commuting (door to door): 2
  • Train switches each way: 1
  • Different train lines to or in NYC: over 25
  • Times I almost got on the wrong train: 4 (I think)
  • Crazy people who have approached me on the street: 2
  • Crazy people who preach on the train: 2
  • Avg $ spent on the train in 3 weeks: around $230
  • Avg $ spent on gas: like $5
  • Times I missed driving to Fairfax: 0
  • Apartment ads I have responded to: about 25
  • Apartments I have been to see: 2
  • Pets allowed by 1 landlord I contacted: up to 1 cat


Ok, I have a quesion: how do you have 'up to' 1 cat? Do cats come in halves? So could I have 2 half-cats? What about other pets? Like how many ferrets would equal 1 cat? How many fish? Geckos?


Anyway, I guess that is about all the rambling I have time for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment