Saturday, May 31

Dining chairs done!

I finished my chairs over Memorial Day weekend. Well, mostly finished: I still need to add the glider feet and spray the seats with scotchguard or some other fabric protectant. But that won't really change how they look, so I think I can call them finished!! Here are a few pics:

Front view:
IMG_0765

Top view:
IMG_0766

As a little side project, I wanted to make a table runner that coordinated with the chairs, to help bring the table and chairs together into one little group. The table is all straight lines, flat planes and right angles, whereas the chairs are all curves. The fabric that I used on the chair seats came in other colors as well, so I bought some of that and used it for the table runner. My mother-in-law helped me make it (she is quite a seamstress and has all the equipment and tools that one needs for sewing). I used two different colors of the same pattern fabric -- beige with a brown pattern, and the inverse, brown with a beige pattern -- to make a reversible runner. Here's a close-up pic:

IMG_0692

And here's the table and chairs together. All (well, mostly) done!

IMG_0771

3 comments: