Thursday, October 5

Off the page

Inspired by Marisa...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

I was in my cheerleading uniform, and they were both wearing Naperville High sweatshirts. Our cheeks were painted with little orange paw prints. I remembered that Blaine had just caught a long touchdown pass to win the game and advance our team to the state quarterfinals.

Guess what I'm reading??

10 comments:

  1. Sweet Valley High!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh good guess! But no. Do you really think I have SVH books sitting around within reach? I'm 32 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not SVH? Is it a book with a picture of Fabio on the front in white robes and his hair streaming back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmmmmm, no. Another good guess though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabio doesn't go to football games, does he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He would go if the book were written by Danielle Steel...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so when do we get to know what book it is???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with that cute girl. Que lo es?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin. Total fluff, chick lit book. Good for subway commuting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...And a collective sigh was heard 'round the world as she allayed their suspense...

    ReplyDelete