Thursday, February 19

week seven

So after a few slow weeks around here, things are really picking up. First of all, my niece Dalton Marie was born on Lincoln’s birthday! Welcome to the world, little D!

And of course this weekend was Valentine’s Day. I made something special for dinner: grilled steaks, creamed spinach and sweet potato fries. Turned out really well, though the fries didn’t get as crispy as I would have liked, and Sean’s steak was a touch too rare.

IMG_2180

I also made homemade mocha chip ice cream for dessert. This turned out SO well! Might be my favorite of the ice creams I’ve made so far (the others were fresh strawberry and mint chip).

IMG_2182

We actually had our Valentine’s dinner on Sunday. I hope it still counts. Saturday we were out looking at houses again. I wore my new hipster shoes (gray Chuck Taylors), now known as my lucky shoes for reasons I shall explain shortly.

[Side note: Zappos totally rules! I ordered two pairs of shoes on Thursday afternoon and they were waiting on our doorstep when I got home from work on Friday. Killer!]

IMG_2186

So anyway, on Saturday we decided to check out a few condos in addition to the single family houses we had been looking at so far. And what do you know? We really liked one!! All credit to our agent for finding it! After discussing thoroughly, we decided on Sunday that we wanted to make an offer on the condo. Monday we went to the bank for our preapproval (wearing my lucky shoes of course), and that night we put together an offer with our agent. Tuesday morning, our agent presented the offer (wore my lucky shoes again). Wednesday night, the sellers countered. Thursday morning, our agent presented our new offer (yep, lucky shoes!). And Thursday afternoon, the sellers accepted! So we are on our way to being homeowners! We are working on scheduling our home inspection ASAP, and I will be sure to wear my lucky shoes to that as well. Oh, and I’ll take some pics for next week’s post.

Thanks, lucky shoes!!

IMG_2191

IMG_2189

2 comments:

  1. Now if you were to step in dog poop you'd probably double/triple the lucky effect of those shoes!!

    That ice-cream looks so good you have no idea how much drool is coming out of my mouth right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my momma always told me, "you can do anything if you got a good paira shoes."
    (a la Forest Gump)

    ReplyDelete