Thursday, August 11

Catwalk

This morning I saw a guy walking his cat in the park. The cat was wearing a harness and a leash. Now I've heard of people walking their cats, but I had never seen it for myself. It was really strange.

Then again, I think cats in general are pretty strange. Full disclosure: I'm not a cat person. I have a dog, named Zoe (my blog's namesake; more on her to come). I regard cats with some suspicion, much as they regard me. I have known many cats, and we had cats when I was a kid (first Mickey, then Middy). I even like some cats. But I still think they're strange.

There is a cat gang in my neighborhood. I see them almost every day when I walk the dog. Street toughs, these cats. They hiss at my dog from across the street and under cars. We walked past one house with four cats sitting around out front. Zoe stopped to stare, and they came running through the fence at her! One of them pulled a switchblade. I calmed things down, and they retreated to their yard, but I think they were throwing up signs behind our backs as we walked away. I won't be surprised if they all have little tattoos next time I see them. Feline13.

Yeah, cats are strange.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Ashley has leashes for her cats. She swears they love going for "walks". I'm pretty sure these walks consist of her standing outside holding the leash while they sun themselves, eat grass, and puke grass. Cat people are strange!

    ReplyDelete