Friday, October 19

Charlotte NC

I was in Charlotte this week attending a conference for work. I spent the vast majority of my time in the convention center, in my hotel room, or walking between the two places. But I did manage to take some photos while I was there.

Shockingly, our departure flight was delayed. Here's the plane pulling up the gate about 90 minutes after we were supposed to have left.

IMG_4940

The next morning, I noticed the different shades of the sunrise were reflected in the rows of windows on one of the buildings across from my hotel. I'm disappointed that my photo came out blurry, but it's still pretty. :(

IMG_4954

While maneuvering behind the curtains to take that picture, I found these random shoes in the corner. Ew! They looked like they'd been there for about a dozen years.

IMG_4951

Yikes, glad I don't have this job.

IMG_4960

I hate Canadian geese. These two wouldn't get out of my way, so I decided to take their photo.

IMG_4962

The sunset that night was amazing. (Also see my Project365 photo.)

IMG_4967

IMG_4969

Later that evening we went to a reception at the Carolina Panthers stadium.

IMG_4971

IMG_4972

Downtown Charlotte. One of those buildings looks like it's leaning to the left!

IMG_4987

IMG_4993

My hotel was across the street from a complex of government buildings, including the courthouse. Who knew jails had lobbies?!

IMG_4994

There's no place like home. :)

IMG_5005

3 comments:

  1. So what did you think of Charlotte? Or at least, what did you think of your hotel and the conference center!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, you can erase the "perfect setting for refrigerated bagels" now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - those shoes are gross.
    and geese suck!

    ReplyDelete