Tuesday, September 13

Rave: Amazon.com

Ordered five books on Sunday from Amazon.com. Got free shipping, which means that your order can take 3-5 extra days to ship. Received 'em all today! Totally cool. So here is the lineup:

At bat:
  • Friday Night Lights (yeah, I know I am mixing sports metaphors here; so sue me) (just started this one because I thought my Amazon order would not arrive for another week or so)

On deck:

Read any of these? Let me know what you thought. Don't give away the endings or key plot points though. That wouldn't be very nice.

2 comments:

  1. How odd that our reading tastes are simliar, fair sister of mine! I own "The Lovely Bones" -- great book -- and borrowed "The Devil Wears Prada" from our other sister. DWP was an excellently therapeutic read (in that the protagonist, of course, works for the boss from hell!) "Life of Pi" I am about to borrow from a friend of mine, as soon as he gets it back from the guy he has currently loaned it to. I'm really excited about this one. As for the remaining two, they are both on my extended list. Happy reading!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday Night Lights is very, very good (but a little depressing).

    Curious incident is very unique. Funny, but not laugh out loud funny.

    If you want laugh out loud funny, you have to read:

    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend by Christopher Moore

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0380813815/qid=1126709669/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-5842194-0318409?v=glance&s=books

    Highest of high comedies.

    ReplyDelete