Monday, March 3

Spa weekend!

Great weekend. I flew to Austin to hang out with Kate and Eryn and meet Kate's new baby girl! We had a fabulous spa day on Friday (pics here). The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there! It was 20 degrees when I left NYC and about 75 when I got to Austin.

Eryn suggested I should blog about my shoes, so I'll start by sharing the ones I bought on Saturday:

IMG_0189

The color is off in the photo... they are kind of teal or sea green, faux snakeskin flats with ankle straps. Too cute. I've been after some green shoes for a while, and these just called to me. On a completely unrelated note, DSW informed me via email today that a $10 coupon is heading my way. Woohoo!

While I was gone, the DirecTV guy came and got us all fixed up, so we are now in HD. Yay!

After work today I got my hair cut! Lots of layers, feels about 5 pounds lighter:

IMG_0182

IMG_0172

On my way home from Stacy's (who does my hair so wonderfully), the train conductor had a good Joisey accent. It reminded me of an funny NYC moment earlier this winter (last year). I got on the train one blustery day on my way home and noticed the conductor had a thick Jamaican accent as he announced the next stop. Doors closed, we proceeded to the next stop... where I noticed the conductor now had a funny Joisey accent. Odd -- maybe the conductors were taking turns making the announcements? Doors closed, we proceeded to the next stop, where the conductor had now developed a British accent. Chuckles and amused glances darted around the train; departing passengers offered thumbs-up signs to the conductor booth on their way out. The next stop was mine -- the conductor had a Southern accent that time. It was a happy surprise to end my commute with a smile.

3 comments:

  1. Well I say anything that can make me feel 5 pounds lighter is a hit in my book! No, seriously, I really like your haircut. Very adult like, but not frumpy. Of COURSE though, it's Stacy! Love the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great entertainment on the subway. i like how they find a way to make their jobs interesting, haha.
    great haircut! i love the layers on you. i feel inspired now. i am also very impressed that you took pics of yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, the self-photos turned out great. i always look like a tool when i try to do that. i do love, love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete